Sunday, May 27, 2007

The God Who Wasn't There

I just saw this and was very impressed. Its a pleasantly involving polemic against religion in general and Christianity in particular with some excellent insight from Brian Fleming into the irrational nature of evangelicals and particularly their concept of The Rapture whereby sometime in the next 50 years or so Jesus will come back, take all his devout followers up to heaven abd everyone else gets rogered silly by demons for the rest of eternity. Nice.

This quote stuck out when he was interviewing one Richard Carrier:

BF: “Let me give you a scenario- you’re dead- I hope of old age. . . . and you find yourself in hell and your being roasted on a pit and every hour, on the hour, you have to suck Satan’s greasy cock, or whatever they make you do there, its really bad. Don’t you wish that you’d have believed? I mean it would have been so easy just to have believed?”

RC:
“Well no, because it wouldn’t really be any better. If I had to sit in heaven for ever knowing that there are these people- these millions and millions . . . probably billions of people- suffering these eternal, horrible torments and knowing that there was nothing I could ever do for them. That, for me, would be hell.”

This has never occurred to me before but as a humanist it is inherently inhuman to condone such fates for other humans. Therefore the concept of heaven and hell is profoundly inhuman.


Here's a new quote from the bible for all you Jesus freaks to follow to the letter too:

“Those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them- bring them here and kill them in front of me.”

--J. Christ

Luke 19:27

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHahhaHAHAHAHAhAHHAHAhHAHahAHA H ah HAHAhAH ah AH ah AHAHahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa . . . . . . cunts.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty convincing evidence for religious people being disconnected from reality. I thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your opinions of my opinions. Oh- and cocking fuckmouse.