Thursday, August 02, 2007

Johann Hari on our failed public education system

Johann has some insight into the intellect of two of the Big Brother House occupants. Now, far be it from me to even contemplate watching Big Brother, Johann obviously does and- unlike the vast majority of couch-vegetables out there- has used his time in front of the goggle box to analyse and assess the intellectual potential state of these two deprived urchins.

Appropriate quote for the subject matter:

— Mark Twain


The cultural implications of this are detailed also, together with some of his usually warm slagging of Blair. The point he makes most strongly, however, comes across in the quote he inserts from the American author, Martha Gellhorn:

“People will often say, with pride: 'I'm not interested in politics.' They might as well say, 'I'm not interested in my standard of living, my health, my job, my rights, my freedoms, my future or any future.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your opinions of my opinions. Oh- and cocking fuckmouse.