Thursday, February 07, 2008

sky-pixie representative says the opinions of more than one sky-pixie should be respected

Rowan Williams is such an idiot.

Dr Williams says the argument that "there's one law for everybody... I think that's a bit of a danger".

So, exactly what is religious dogma meant to be, then? I was under the impression that the point of sky-pixie worship was that you were following the absolute, incontrovertible truth (according to your chosen deity).

I love it when sky-pixie fans say stuff like this, or this. Its just so damning of their morals. After condemning the concept of equality in the eyes of the law, what comes next? Absolution for child-rapist-Priests because they were doing the sky-pixie's work? A second Inquisition?



Addition:

Rossinisbird is more measured in his criticism of the idiot.


Additional Addition:

"Under Islamic law polygamy is condoned, allowing a man up to four wives and giving him the primary right to call for divorce. This means he can leave his first wife, refuse her a divorce and remarry, yet still consider himself living in accordance with his faith."

From here. I think this is an excellent example of why Sharia law sucks ass. I'm not opposed to polygamy, per se. If some idiot thinks they can have a stable and happy life as part of a loving collective then that's their hard lesson to learn. I am, however, fundamentally opposed to inequality of rights, as exemplified by Islam's treatment of women as second class citizen. I'm not going to moderate my comments by referring to some sort of "moderate" Islam as having rejected these values as I am generalising and cases of the latter are in the great minority, in my humble opinion.

There's interesting material in this article by Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, one of the few sky-pixie fans I actually have respect for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your opinions of my opinions. Oh- and cocking fuckmouse.